Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and helps set the tone for the rest of your day. After the birth of my oldest son, I learned that it is very important to take the time out of your busy morning and eat breakfast. It provides the necessary energy that your body needs and helps you maintain a healthy weight. Mornings around our house is a whirlwind as I get the kids up to get them up for school. When it comes to preparing breakfast, I tend to reach for things that are convenient or easy to make. However, a majority of foods that are convenient or easy to make are unhealthy or laden with sugar.
I have never been a morning person and typically like to sleep as much as possible before starting my day. This tactic leaves me rushing around in the morning. Yesterday after my doctor’s appointment, I decided to go visit one of the new Kroger Marketplace stores. I haven’t been in one since I don’t have one closer to my house. I was impressed with the large selection of items that they had in their store.
As I walked into the store, I was greeted with the produce department where I found some fresh strawberries including some chocolate covered strawberries (I have been craving them for a few weeks now). I opted for the fresh strawberries and passed on the chocolate covered strawberries since it wasn’t close enough Valentine’s day yet. Plus, I was afraid that the chocolate would melt on the way home from the store since I wasn’t near the house.
I quickly found the freezer selection and as I was wondering down the breakfast aisle, I found some Garden Lites muffins that I had been seeing in my Facebook feed the last week or so. I typically skip eating muffins because I always seem to sugar crash mid-morning from all of the simple carbs and sugar found in your typical muffins. The Garden Lite muffins are made with a variety of vegetables. They are also gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut free.
You can find the following Garden Lite muffins:
- Chocolate (I grabbed these)
- Banana Chocolate Chip (I also grabbed these)
- Blueberry Oat (I was sad that my store didn’t have them in stock)
- Ninja Power Teenage Mutate Ninja Turtle Muffins
- Spongebob Chocolate Crabby Squares
- Carrot Berry Muffins
- Golden Corn
When my kids got home from school yesterday afternoon, I decided to heat up 1 chocolate and 1 banana chocolate chip Garden Lites muffins so that we could sample them. I didn’t even bother to mention to my kids that these muffins were made with vegetables. It wasn’t until after my boys had already devoured them that I revealed that they contained vegetables. The only complaint that I received from my oldest son, was that I put them in the microwave to heat them up. Find out which muffin was our family favorite.
Here are our top 5 reasons why we love Garden Lites muffins:
- healthy breakfast choice for busy families – These muffins are perfect for heating up in the microwave and eating on the go. Vegetables are the first and primary ingredients in these muffins. The muffins are also made with simple ingredients and are great for people who are interested in clean eating.
- individually wrapped – I love that the muffins are individually wrapped so that I can fix one for each one of my kids and hand the heated muffin to them on their way out to the car or bus.
- 120 calories or less – The muffins are only 120 calories or less. Pair them with your favorite fruit or yogurt for a meal under 300 calories.
- taste great – I didn’t expect that these muffins would taste good since they were made with vegetables. Everyone was impressed with the flavor and my kids had no clue that they even had vegetables in them.
- great for snack time too – My kids always come home from school and immediately head for the refrigerator or pantry looking for food. Even though I keep healthy snacks around, they don’t always want them. These muffins taste so good and would make a perfect snack too.
- Bonus – Download a $1 off coupon so that you can try these muffins.
Which one Was Our Favorite Garden Lites Muffin?
My boys preferred chocolate muffins. I loved both of them but I am leaning towards the banana chocolate chip muffins. I really wish that I was able to try the Blueberry Oat Muffins.
Where to Buy Garden Lites Muffins
You can find Garden Lites Muffins and other Garden Lites products at your nearest Publix, Stop & Shop, Giant, Shop-Rite, HEB, Kroger or Costco stores. Use the store locator to determine where you can purchase the Garden Lites Muffins.