Since I started on my weight loss journey 17 weeks ago, I have made it a point to do my best to fix my family healthy meals that even my kids enjoy. I also enjoy meals that don’t take a lot of time too. This is my third time to make this salad for my family and I thought that I would share it. Try this Easy Salsa Chicken Fijita Salad.
Disclosure: I received a free coupon to purchase the new Daisy Sour Cream Pure and Natural in the Influenster Voxbox. All opinions and ideas are 100% my own.
Skip the salad dressing and try this flavorful salad.
- 1 lb of pre-cooked fajita meat (I use John Soules)
- head of lettuce
- 1 – 2 roma tomatos
- shreded cheddar cheese
- grilled onions
- avocado (missing from photo)
- Daisy sour cream Pure and Natural
- and any other vegetables that you typically like in your salad
- Heat up fajita meat in a skillet and stir it occassionally so that it doesn’t stick.
- Chop onions and add butter to a small skillet. Brown onions until they are fully cooked.
- Cut the head of lettuce into bite sized pieces. (You can skip this step and use a salad mix. My husband doesn’t care for the mix so I buy a head of lettuce instead.)
- Dice the tomatoes into small piece. Stir into your salad bowl.
- Place salad into a bowl and top with cheese, grilled onions, and chicken.
- Then sqeeze a small amount of Daisy sour cream on top of your salad.
- Add a small amount of salad on top.
- Stir and enjoy!