Stress is a major contributor to various health-related issues. Unfortunately, there’s not a lot of ways to reduce stress and worries in our life. Many doctors recommend a massage or a weekend getaway to help you curb stress. These days, many people are also practicing meditation to help improve their relaxation and reduce stress. Meditation has been scientifically proven many times over to be extremely beneficial to the health.
There are hundreds of studies which suggest that meditation doesn’t just decrease stress levels but that it also comes with tangible health benefits.
Improve Your Brain and Mood
Mindfulness helps patients who are experiencing depression. A study by the University of Michigan Health System shares that high-risk pregnant women who participated in a ten-week mindfulness training show a significant reduction in depressive symptoms. Meditation also helps regulate mood and anxiety disorders; it is found that meditation can be as effective as using antidepressant drugs for those with anxiety and depression problems. Meditation is good in bringing the brainwave pattern into a better alpha state which is proven to promote healing. This process helps calms your mind and nourishes you from within.
Other great benefits of meditation include:
• Improve emotional stability
• Increased creativity
• Increases your happiness
• Develop Better Intuition
• Reduces symptoms of panic disorder
• Sharpens the mind and helps you regain focus
• Gain peace of mind and clarity
Meditation is also proven to help improve your attention, focus, and ability to work even under stress. A study by the University of California suggested that subjects that are practicing meditation were more skilled at keeping focus, especially on repetitive and boring tasks.
• Improve information processing and decision-making
• Gives you better mental strength, resilience, and emotional intelligence.
• Stronger pain tolerance
• Helps relieve pain better than morphine
• Helps manage Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
• Increased ability to focus despite distractions
• Help improve learning, memory, and self-awareness
• Improves rapid memory recall
• Improves mood and psychological well-being
• Improves Visuospatial processing and working memory
Better Body and Health
With the help of meditation, the physiology of the body goes through different changes. On a physical level, meditation provides numerous benefits including:
• Reduces risk of heart diseases and stroke
• Lowers high blood pressure
• Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
• Decreases inflammatory disorders
• Decreases cellular-level inflammation
• Helps prevent asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, and inflammatory bowel disease
• Decreases any tension-related pain, such as tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
• Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
• Improves the immune system
• Helpful for patients diagnosed with Fibromyalgia
• Increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy
• Help manage the heart rate and respiratory rate
• Help treat various premenstrual syndrome and menopausal symptoms
• Reduces risk of Alzheimer’s and premature death
Meditation is an amazing practice that anyone can learn. With the numerous studies and research about meditation, it has now become a popular choice for those who want to improve their overall health and wellness.