Gouty Arthritis or more commonly known as Gout is a form of arthritis that affects different parts of the body. It usually affects small joints, knees, ears, ankles and wrists. People who suffer from this condition feels swelling, acute pain, inflammation, and intense tenderness in the affected joints.
There are many possible causes that can lead to gout, but it is mainly the result of hyperuricemia or uric acid build up. Uric acid typically dissolves in the blood and pass through the kidneys, however, in cases when heavy production of uric acid happens or if it does not pass through the kidney properly, uric acids build up and forms crystals that cause Gout.
Early symptoms of Gouty Arthritis would include swelling, redness and severe pain in the affected area. Here are some tips on how to reduce Gout flare-up and minimize the pain that associates with it.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Drink a mixture of at least a teaspoon of unfiltered, raw apple cider vinegar in a glass with water two or three times a day.
- Ginger Root – It is scientifically proven that ginger root is potent in anti-inflammatory properties. If you’re not too fond of taking it orally, you can make a ginger root paste and apply it on the affected area for at least 30 minutes.
- Lemon Juice – Since excessive uric acid causes gouty Arthritis, it is critical to neutralizing and alkalize the uric acid in our blood stream. You can do this by simply mixing half a teaspoon of baking soda, lemon juice and a glass of water. Drink the concoction immediately once the fizzing ends.
- Baking Soda – Relief yourself from the pain that comes with Gouty Arthritis by simply mixing a teaspoon of baking soda and a glass of water. Take this mixture four times a day for a week or two.
- Cherries – Due to their high antioxidant properties and anthocyanin, cherries can substantially reduce inflammation caused by Gouty Arthritis. You can start your day by eating five cherries in the morning and continue the day by finishing at least 15 or 20 cherries.
- Epsom Salt – This home remedy does not only treat gout, but it also helps in treating other forms of arthritis. Epsom Salt has a high amount of magnesium which also helps lower high blood pressure. By simply soaking the affected area in a mixture of Epsom Salt and warm water greatly relieves the pain associated with Gouty Arthritis.
Gouty Arthritis can give you a bad day, so by having these common house items at home that you can easily prepare, you can relief yourself or a loved one from the excruciating pain that comes with Gouty Arthritis.
By having these common house items at home that you can easily prepare, you can relief yourself or a loved one from the excruciating pain that comes with Gouty Arthritis.