With the rise of so many protein bars in the market, it’s hard to choose which one is right for you. Especially for athletes or people who love to work out, protein bars are the perfect choice if you are on the run and cannot prepare a proper meal to supply the daily protein you need. It can also be used as a meal replacement or a way to give you a boost of energy during the day.
There are many factors to consider when looking for protein bars. Some look at the calorie count and the total number of carbohydrates. For some, taste is not important as they are just really looking for a substitute, but others are very particular about this. If you are not sure about what protein bar to buy, here are 5 choices for you to consider.
Try These Top 5 Protein Bars
- Met-RX Big 100 – This protein bar has 28g of protein and has no trans fat or artificial flavor. It uses a blend of different proteins, like the Metamyosyn protein blend. This is perfect to take as fuel for your workout and even helps post-workout recovery.
- Fit Crunch – This protein bar is the work Chef Robert Irvine. It combines both taste and efficiency. Imagine the chocolate layer combined with chocolate cookie and peanuts. With 30g of protein per serving, you will really be full. There is a slight downside, however, as this bar has a slightly higher carbs and sugar content than other protein bars. It contains 27g of carbs and 6g of sugar.
- Quest Beyond Cereal Protein Bar – More and more people nowadays find it difficult to sit down for what is considered as the most important meal of the day – breakfast. What makes this cereal bar stand out from others of its kind is the sugar used. The usual ones on the market contain high levels of sugar, which mean more calories. This cereal bar uses Allulose, a natural sweetener making this particular brand better than the others.
- FitMiss Delight Bar – this gluten-free, soy-free, sucralose-free and non-GMO bar is made specifically for women on the go. It comes in three flavors – chocolate peppermint, lemon and salted caramel and packs 15g of protein. This is perfect for those who are targeting to lose weight.
- MusclePharm Combat Crunch Bars – for its price, you are getting a lot of benefits. This bar contains 20 grams of protein and very little sugar. This bar is produced by one of the most well-known names in the fitness supplement industry. If you are looking for ways to fuel your workouts and as a meal replacement.
If you are not sure about the list, here’s another list of the best protein bars for you to choose from. They made a comparison of the top protein bars based on four factors” ingredients, taste, texture and value.
Each listed protein bar was personally tested by Fitness Informant president Ryan Bucki. You can be sure that the review is honest and truly beneficial.
Have you tried any of these protein bars? Which is your favorite brand of protein bars?