Are you sabotaging your weight loss efforts by skipping breakfast or heading through the drive through to pick up something to eat on your way into the office in the mornings? Mornings are usually hectic in every household especially if you have children. Even though it is busy, you should make the time to eat make sure that you and your family are eating a healthy breakfast every morning.
Disclosure: I received a set of 4 rings in order to facilitate this post. All content ideas and opinions are 100% my own.
I personally love eating an Egg McMuffin from McDonald’s but I know that they aren’t healthy especially if I am eating sausage. Did you know that you could easily fix these muffins at home quickly and easily? If you looked at the calorie, fat, and sodium content on McDonald’s website, would it be enough to curb you from eating another one for breakfast? Skip the drive-thru and make your own sandwiches today!!!
Making these muffins at home can not only save you a ton of calories but you can also make them several different ways to avoid burnout on the same breakfast each morning. I found these cool 4 pack egg or pancake rings on Amazon to help make these DIY breakfast sandwiches easier especially if you have a griddle. Making in them in the skillet works but if the skillet is warped a little it will cause a small portion of the egg will run outside of the rings a little bit.
- Package of plain whole wheat or regular muffins or thin bagels
- 4 eggs
- meat of your choice: bacon, sausage, turkey sausage, turkey bacon
- cheese (optional)
- non-stick spray
- Preheat your griddle or frying pan
- Spray your griddle or frying pan with non-stick spray
- Place your egg rings on the griddle or frying pan
- Crack one egg in each one of the egg rings and add any vegetables as desired
- Using a spatula to carefully flip the entire ring over
- Continue cooking until the egg is fully cooked.
- In a separate frying pan, cook your meat per the directions
- Heat your muffins in the microwave or in the toaster
- Add your egg, meat choice, and cheese as desired.
You can make a bunch of these ahead of time on the weekend so that you can make up a bunch of breakfast sandwiches at one time. Then freeze them so that you can pull them out for a quick protein packed breakfast. Individually wrap them in wax paper so that you can take them out of the freezer and put them in the microwave. If you plan on serving several once, you can wrap them in aluminum foil and stick them in the oven while you get dressed so that they will be ready to eat in about 20 to 30 minutes.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and with these easy to make DIY breakfast sandwiches you never have to worry about skipping breakfast again. Plus, these are easy to make and so much healthier than making a run through the drive-through. Making simple changes like this will help save you calories, fat, and sodium.